Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2/25/08 LET THE GAMES BEGIN

I'm a day late on this. Our Quail Run Winter Olympics actually started yesterday. I was scheduled to play Pokeno as one of my events and I forgot and we went to the Biosphere 2 instead. Oh well.


So we'll start this off with a picture of our Olympic flame.

No, its not real but then again these aren't the real Olympics.

Today's game consisted of the Women's Pool Shoot. I didn't get in that one, I don't play pool.

We had a gorgeous day today. Sunny, blue skies and high 70's. We're supposed to hit the big eight-oh on Wednesday and we're all waiting for that.

I heard all this chirping outside the door today and went out to investigate. Here's what I found.


Finches. Golden finches? Yellow finches? Beats me, I think of them as those yellow bellied birds. A close up for you.

The quail have arrived back here in the park but I haven't been successful in getting a photo as yet. With the Olympics going on so many more people are out walking in the mornings and late afternoons so they are evidently in hiding. We had wondered why this park was called Quail Run and now we know.

After dinner of meatloaf, parsleyed potatoes and carrots we settled in for some TV. We both have "games" tomorrow so we thought it best to rest up.

No comments: