Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11/19/08 I'm Sorry, I Have to Cancel You

As I looked at the schedule for the coming months it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't done anything about the act that was scheduled that I wanted to cancel. I got the contract out and looked it over to see if I could find anything about having to cancel so many days in advance of the scheduled date. The darn print was so small I could hardly read anything on it at all. I had to enlist the help of Steve to read it. Note to self: Bring your reading glasses darn bifocals to the office!

Steve assured me that he couldn't find anything at all about canceling so I let Jeannie know that I was going to call them. She asked me what reason I was going to give for canceling and suggested that I tell them that attendance in the park was down and that we are afraid it wouldn't be worth their while and we think it best to cancel now to give them plenty of time to get booked elsewhere. I replied with, "Jeannie, I think honesty is the best policy, I think I should just tell them that their act sucks and we don't want them". The look on her face was priceless! Once she realized I was kidding then she had a good laugh over it.

So back at the office I gathered my thoughts and put the call in. I talked with the male partner in the act and I felt so bad telling him that we were canceling. I told him your act sucks and we don't want you what Jeannie suggested and I thought he was going to cry! Maybe they've been canceled a lot? Who knows but I've got a date in January open if you know of a good act available in the Arizona area.

I had no sooner hung up the phone and it rang. It was Randy, the comedian we have coming in this coming Friday. My first thought was, he was canceling us! Actually, he wanted to know if I objected to PG rated jokes. Well, no, "I" don't. I told him there couldn't be any "F" words and he assured me it wouldn't be anything like that but maybe some mild innuendo. Well, geez, we're all adults and you hear that much and worse on TV. I told him it would OK, but I stressed no "F" words! He agreed.

I had another craft class this afternoon. This time it was a Judy's Sparkler class. This is new to our park this year and went over very well the first time she had it last week. Steve even got involved and made a shirt for his wife, April.

IMG_5493

Here I am using the handle of a pair of scissors to go over the design I'm putting on my shirt. Oh wow, I am so in need of a haircut!

IMG_5494

Jan, holding up her shirt so the centering of the design can be checked.

IMG_5496

This class was fun and easy to do. The hardest part was picking out what design you wanted to put on the shirt!

IMG_5498

My finished shirt.

IMG_5518

IMG_5517

Would I do this again? Yes, I think I would. It was fun, the designs are supposed to last hundreds of washings and dryings, so yes, I'd do this again.

No comments: