Sunday, September 19, 2010

9/19/2010 Almost Done,,,

We have almost every box accounted for now and they number a manageable few. Finally. Some of them will go to the park model in Quail Run to stay.

It seems strange to be back here in Stanton, MO but at the same we feel very much at home. We were taking a break from the boxes and were sitting at the picnic table today working on our route, picking layover points, determining if a military base was close by, or a Passport America park or a campground that we have another discount card for. A lot of planning goes into this when you travel cross country. Bob stopped at one point and looked at me and said, “Doesn’t it just feel “right” to be here? Doesn’t it feel like we belong here?” I had to agree that the familiar feeling from our summer here a couple of summers ago was good, very good indeed.

So we’ve got the route planned now, at least that is done and that’s a big chore out of the way.

Are you all watching baseball? We are! Our Philadelphia Phillies are doing us proud! All the way Phillies! All the way!

I like to read. A lot. I always, ALWAYS, have a book going. Sometimes two. I didn’t realize how many books I’ve been carrying with us until Bob got them all gathered together today. Lots! I was pretty surprised to tell you the truth. I started this summer season with probably a dozen books. Of course as we traveled across country to go home I had to check out the libtaries in the campgrounds and I always found a few I just had to have. He strongly suggested that I go through them and pick out the ones that I could leave here in “take a book/leave a book library” set up here at the campground. I got rid of seven! Yay me! Then I found two on the shelves that I just had to have. Shhhh.,….Bob doesn’t know. I would say its probably safe to say that I’ve got between 35 and 40 books now. I’ll read them,,,I WILL READ THEM!

No comments: