Monday, February 7, 2011

2/6/2011 We Visit the Gourd Festival

This has been a busy weekend with preparations for the party Saturday night (I had to make our portion of the food and I need to thank Kathy once again for letting me use her oven to make the beer bread in) the actual party, the Super Bowl and The Running of the Gourd Festival. There’s lots of pics so I kept this separate from the Super Bowl post.

We went to Eloy, the next town over, to the fairgrounds for the annual gourd festival. We’ve been before but it was something to do for a few hours. I’m glad we waited until Sunday to go. It was crowded at all. I guess everyone is prepping for the Super Bowl parties this afternoon. We were able to walk right into the exhibit hall and it wasn’t six deep like I heard it was on Saturday.

I did notice some differences this year in the one of the buildings. In years past vendors of all sorts of things were present and this year it was strictly gourd related. Vendors selling books, paints, tools and whatever else is needed to make a gourd.

The rest of this post is going to be pictures of gourds and gourd related things.

IMG_7385

It’s hard to believe that these are going to be ……..

IMG_7414

IMG_7413

…….turned into THESE!

IMG_7387 IMG_7398

IMG_7392

IMG_7405

IMG_7399

IMG_7406

IMG_7407

IMG_7411

As always, the Gourd Festival was a nice place to spend a few hours.

No comments: