Thursday, November 6, 2014

11/6/2014 Travel Day to Page, AZ

(Page, AZ)

We hit the road on time!  At first Bob was concerned that we had packed too much stuff but Kenny’s Ford SUV had a pretty sizable area behind the back seat.  Ahhh,,,,the back seat. Bonnie and I fondly think of that back seat as the bench seat from hell.

Heading west on I-10, traffic was fairly light as the morning rush was over.  We started out with Kenny and Sean up front and Bob, Bonnie and me in the back seat.  I sat behind Kenny and Bonnie sat in the middle on the hump.  She didn’t have much room for her legs and after the first two hours we had to switch places.  We decided that we would switch every hour otherwise this six hour trip would be very hard on us.  Bonnie and I switched places and Bob and Sean switched from back seat to front.

I took some really good pictures on the way and was very pleased with the shots I was getting.  Of course it didn’t help that I had one that was less than desirable and when I went to erase it, because I was impatient and couldn’t wait to get rid of it, I hit the wrong button and erased them all.  I was not a happy camper.  Some of them were us at rest stops, with us just pulling over on the road to switch places and the backdrops were just drop dead gorgeous.  One click.  Gone.  Never to be seen again.

We made it to Page and was surprised to see not much traffic or people.  We learned at check-in that we were now in the shoulder season and that we missed high season by just a week or so.  That was fine with us.

Bonnie stayed with Bob and me in our room and of course Kenny and his son shared a room a few doors down.

A recon drive was taken by Kenny and Bob to find the place where we were to go in the morning and also to find a restaurant for dinner.

It turned out we were within walking distance of the restaurant.

I don’t remember the name of it but we all enjoyed our meals very much.  Bob and Bonnie both ordered the same thing and it was just huge!

IMG_0940
 
We walked back to the motel and all hung out in our room for awhile.  After the long drive today, knowing we have to get up early tomorrow by eleven everyone was in their own beds watching TV. 

We have a big day tomorrow!

No comments: