Monday, September 15, 2008

9/15/08 Moab, Here We Come!

After a good night's rest we were up early and on the road. Today we're heading back to southern Utah. We plan on spending several days in Moab, home of the Arches National Park.

I couldn't but notice that yet again all the good scenery seems to be on Bob's side of the road.....

IMG_5125

....while on my side I get....

IMG_5126

Now these pictures were taken within a minute time span, first through his window, then mine. He's gets colorful mountains and I get....dirt. Ah, but I did get the wire fence on my side, I guess that's something. Take note that the sky is even bluer on his side. I guess the position of the sun does have something to do with the washed out look on my side.

It didn't take long at all for us to make it to our campground in Moab. The trip was much shorter than what I thought it was going to be but it was a hard pull. Hard pull....that RV'ers lingo for "the hills were freakin' big!"

A going down the road picture.

IMG_5131

We pulled into the campground, OK Campground, and got registered for three nights and I asked the lady to block out some more days because we would in all probability extend our stay. She said no problem.

This isn't one of the nicest campgrounds we've stayed in but its a Passport America Park and for $13.00 a night, it'll do.

The view from our space.

IMG_5132

After a good dinner of pork loin, potatoes, green beans and UTAH corn on the cob, we settled in for the night.

No comments: