Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/20/2010 I Have Lots of New Friends!

Before I get to the new friends I made I have some more birthday wishes to go out. Two in fact. To two very special people in my life.

First up, Lourie. Lourie and I have been friends since junior high school. I like Lourie. Lourie is older than me. I like rubbing it in that Lourie is older than me. Lourie will always be older than me. (Don’t worry Judy and Gail, you’re next)

Today is also the birthday of my dead tree loving friend LaVon. LaVon is one special lady and I am so happy that she is in my life. Let the countdown begin till Social Security.,..you go girl!

Now to the new friends I made today. I had some pieces of bread that were just starting to go stale and since I had already bought a new loaf I thought I’d go feed the birds. Being ocean side like we are the most prevalent bird here is the gull. They must be very attuned to plastic bags rustling because I hadn’t even got my hand out of the bag with the first piece of bread and they were on me like flies on s…….well, you know.

IMG_4901

It wasn’t easy throwing the bread up in the air and getting pics too.

IMG_4897

Sometimes I only got half a bird.

IMG_4904

Some were closer than I thought!

IMG_4903

Some just tried to stare me down like they were daring me to throw more bread.

IMG_4896

IMG_4895

Some were really good at catching the bread mid-air.

IMG_4898

Some just circled round and round, waiting.

IMG_4902

Here’s the whole crew after I went inside. It took a while for them to go on about their ways.

IMG_4907

Tomorrow we are attending a meeting to find out the particulars of our summer camp hosting job. Duties, hours etc. I’m glad because we are starting to fill guilty for staying here in the campground and not doing anything to earn our keep.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Thank you so much for not also saying that I was born before you, since I am closer to SS than you! What a blessing you are to me! Love you, girlfriend.
Great job with the new friends pictures!!!

KarenInTheWoods said...

WOW... What great bird shots you took! Greedy little buggers.. heh heh

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/