Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5/5/2010 A Little Girl, A Diehard Fan and Neighbors

Now that we have wheels again it was time to get and about and visit some family and friends.

First stop was Bob’s brother Gene and his wife Linda’s home. We knew they were babysitting their 1 year old granddaughter Ella whom we haven’t met yet. What a cutie she turned out to be!

IMG_4820

She soon lost interest in her own toys and would rather play with Holly’s….

IMG_4823

IMG_4815

Such a sweet little girl. Shy at first because this was the first she had ever seen us but was smiling for us before we knew it.IMG_4816

I had reason to walk down the hallway in their home. Now let me explain something first. I knew my brother-in-law was a diehard Dallas Cowboy’s fan, yeah, yeah, I know, but hey, somebody has to be…..anyway he and I have teased each other over the years about games when MY Eagles play HIS Cowboys. I peeked in the room and was just amazed! Now THIS is a Cowboy’s fan!

IMG_4803

This is my brother-in-laws “man cave”. This is where his computer is and the entire room is dedicated to the…..

IMG_4807

IMG_4804

IMG_4805

IMG_4806

Have you ever seen such a fan?

IMG_4809

Every single this in this room has to do with the Dallas Cowboys.

IMG_4810

Gene, I applaud your dedication and loyalty to your team!

IMG_4811

When I went back out into the living room my sister-in-law Linda said, “Show her your arm!”

IMG_4802

He is so true “blue” to the Cowboys he will even……

IMG_4801

Like I said Gene, you truly are a #1 FAN!

We had to get on our way as we had more people to visit before the day was over. With hugs and handshakes we departed with promises of getting together several times before the summer is over.

Next stop was our old neighborhood. We saw John and Ruby, now in their 80’s and doing just fine. They’ve got half their garden planted already and are looking forward to getting the rest in. They brought us up to date on the goings on in their section of the street. Bob used to sit outside with John under the tree and talk for hours and of course Bob would help with any chores that John just wasn’t able to do by himself anymore. I know Bob misses those talks and I’m sure John does too. Next stop was around the corner to Bev and Ed’s house. These two filled us in on the rest of the goings on in the neighborhood. Their house sits across the street from the house that we had. I don’t feel anything when I look it. I was glad to see that the fruit trees were being taken care of and I’m sorry they took all my flowers out but as Bob says, “It’s their house now.” Again, after hugs and handshakes we were on our way with promises of getting together again before the summer is over.

No comments: