Sunday, October 24, 2010

10/24/2010 It’s Hell Without Wheels

It makes for a long weekend when you don’t have wheels. We HAVE wheels we just don’t think its a good idea to use the truck until we can find out where this noise is coming from and get it fixed. It will go in the shop in tomorrow.

We really didn’t do much of anything today. Watched some football, I read, Bob puttered, I walked, we both rode our bikes. Just a day in which we existed. If we had wheels, it would have been different!

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 7 - Someone Who Has Made Your Life Worth Living

I could write the obvious, my mom, my dad, my husband, my only sibling and those choices would all be right. Each and every one have made life worthwhile, worth living. I can’t imagine life without any one of those four people. Each and every one of them have had a hand in making me who I am today.

However, I’m going to step outside the box here. I would say that collectively, my girlfriends have made my life worth living. The women in my life are a fantastic bunch. We share joy, sorrow, ups and downs, good times and bad and they are always standing at the ready when I’m in need. Whether it be I need a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, someone to vent to, someone to play with, someone to travel with, they are there. Always.

It isn’t just one girlfriend that meets all these needs, each girlfriend fulfills a different area. So that’s my answer, collectively, my girlfriends make life worth living.

Susan, Lourie, Dianne, Cindy, Elaine, LaVon, Michelle, Kelly, Kathy, Karen, Judy, Sandy and the list goes on…. you have all made my life worth living and I thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stoney made my life complete....

Sharon said...

You are right! Life would be terrible without girlfriends.

LaVon Baker said...

Amen Sista Friend!! You have enriched my life so much.

Anonymous said...

Eight years ago I thought my life was over and there was no reason to live. Then, I looked at my daughter and realized how much she needs her Mom now that she has lost her Dad. I no longer dwell on what could have been but what is. She is my life and my joy. She is the reason my life is worth living.