Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7/31/2012 Another Shrimp Boil !!

This summer is just flying by!


Our friends Diane and KK invited us for dinner tonight to the beach house they are renting this week. It was going to be something like hamburgers or chicken or something along those lines. Bob had another idea.


He called them and said, you supply the space and we’ll bring everything needed to make a shrimp boil. So we went shopping and he bought everything needed and loaded up our turkey fryer and off we went.


I didn’t stick around for the prep work because I went to McDonald’s to upload some of these posts. With us being out of bandwidth for the billing cycle I had to go use free WIFI somewhere. Mickey D’s was close….and free.


I wasn’t really interested in the shrimp boil anyway and while at the store I bought a loaf of pumpernickel bread and we stopped at a roadside stand where I bought my first real tomatoes of the season. I feasted on tomato sandwiches.


The beach house has a canal in the backyard just off the deck.


IMG_2736


IMG_2738


Sitting on the deck, enjoying the company.


IMG_2739


I took my turn trying to catch fish from the canal. They were jumping all over the place so how hard could it be?


IMG_2733


IMG_2734


I cast that line out a hundred times if I did it once. The fish jumped all around my line, swam right passed it like it wasn’t there. It was frustrating to say the least. I’d have enough and put the pole away but the fish jumping just taunted me so I’d get it back out again more determined than to ever pull one out of there. Of course I don’t know what I would have done with it if I had because I don’t touch fish! Turns out, I needn’t have worried about that anyway since I got nary a bite!


Bob and Diane reminisced about past crabbing trips while we sat around the table. These two are such great friends. Can you believe how tan Bob is?


IMG_2741


It was peaceful sitting on the deck, listening to the fish jump and then watching the water ripple, listening to the low hum of slow going motor boats as they plied through the canals to go home and dock for the night. Watching the tall sea grass sway in the ever so slight breeze.


IMG_2744


It was a very nice evening spent with friends.

No comments: