Friday, July 18, 2014

7/16-7/18/2014 Our Week at HOME

(Wilmington, DE)

Wednesday

Kicking back and relaxing was the order of the day for Bob.  I think he is enjoying having nothing to do.  He can spend the day reading, playing computer golf or watching TV.

On the other hand, Mom and I were out and about.  A trip to the local farmer’s market had to be made and side trips to JC Penney’s, A. C. Moore’s and Kohl’s were also in order.

Don’t hate me,,,,I’ve started Christmas shopping.  I’m in sales tax free Delaware, sales are going on for non-seasonal things I want and I get the military discount in some stores.  Besides, we’ll see the kids next week when they come to Virginia and I’ll send wrapped things home with them which will save me a ton of money on shipping costs.  It’s a win-win all around.


Thursday

It was another trip to Boscov’s today and Bob went to spend the day with Bill again.

I was on a mission to find a birthday gift for someone special in my life but didn’t have any luck today.

We met back at the house because our cousin Kathy was coming over so that we could all go out to dinner together.  Salad bar and pizza was on the menu tonight at Michael’s.  Kathy got a new car two days previous so she drove to the restaurant.  It was our first ride in a hybrid car.  We both liked her Prius a lot.  I asked her if I could have it but she said no.  The nerve!

Friday

It was another day at home for us, card playing, laundry, computer time and TV.  Relaxing to say the least.

We had a cheesesteaks tonight.  We had to get them before our time here was up.  As usual, they hit the spot!

I have so little time with Mom this trip and its like I’m glued to her.  She probably feels suffocated but I just can’t help it.

No comments: