Sunday, January 27, 2008

1/26/08 What's In Your Bucket?

First things first. Happy Anniversary to my brother Bill and sister-in-law Michelle. They are married 28 years now. Hope you two have another wonderful year with many more to follow.

It was kind of a boring day today. Bob kept busy working on things on the truck and around the rig and I couldn't seem to get interested in anything. Reading didn't do it, TV didn't do it and even the computer didn't keep my attention that long. I'm really in need of a day trip but that is on the back burner right now as Bob is going full throttle into his Mr. Fixit mode and that's a good thing!

We picked up Lee around 3:40 and then went to meet up with Pam at the movie theater. Pam does tax preparation and had to work until 4. This is certainly the biggest theater we've been in as it has 16 screens. It has just recently opened so everything still looks very new and nice. The seats were padded rockers and very comfortable. Lee and Pam treated us to the movie, thanks guys! We were there to see Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Bucket List stands for things they wanted to do before they kicked the bucket. All four of us really enjoyed it.

So what do you have in your bucket list? What do you want to do or where do you want to go before you meet your maker? I have a list, I've had one for about 15 years now and I'm working on it. Of course I didn't call mine my Bucket List. I called mine "Things I Want to Do Before I Die or Get Too Old". I had things like whitewater rafting: Done (Granted, it wasn't a Class 5 River like the Colorado but a Class 2 or 3, the Lehigh was good enough.) Ride in a hot air balloon: Done (Bob surprised me with this on our 25th wedding anniversary) Bungee Jumping: Scratch this one, too many broken necks. Para sailing: Done (Did this when we had our yearly vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina) Travel the country: Doing it now. There's one more and I'm very close to accomplishing that. Can't tell you what it is right now because when my parents read this they'll freak. But I'm close, very close, and if its going to happen it will happen within the next two months. There are other things on my list but they are too personal to list here on this open blog. After seeing this movie I'm going to think long and hard about what else I want to add to my Bucket List. Without telling you too much about the movie I'll end this with "Make your list and start working on it because you never know, you just never know."

After the movie we drove over to Mimi's for dinner but there was a long line and an hour's wait time. We weren't interested in waiting that long for dinner. Lee and Pam suggested their favorite restaurant, Manuel's I think it is, although I'm not sure. Its a little Mexican restaurant and inside my head I was panicking. You know how I'm not an adventurous eater so I asked right away if they thought they served hamburgers. They said yes and I was relieved. So we followed them to the other side of Casa Grande. Oh how I wish I had brought the camera with me. We were seated right away at our table for four, our drink orders were taken and we were given menus. YES! Hamburgers! I looked over the menu anyway and found something else I thought I would like. A fajita. Small strips of beef with peppers, tomatoes and onions. Yep, I'll have that but don't bring me beans or rice. Bob ordered a chicken enchilada and enjoyed it. Both Pam and Lee ordered burritos. The three of them are much more adventurous than me! It didn't take too long and it was delivered. Sizzling hot! I was warned not to touch the dish as it was very hot but the waitress could have saved her breath, I could HEAR the sizzle, no way was I touching that! During dinner the Mariachi band played. For this I wish I had the camera. They moved table to table and serenaded the diners. Some dinner patrons did get up and sing with them. It was all in Spanish so I didn't understand a single word. Bob and I will be returning to this restaurant again before we leave here. I've got to take the camera!

Gee, its a shame I didn't have eat in a Mexican restaurant on my list, I could have crossed it off.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Don & I want to know where this restaurant is located. We'll have to all go sometime before we leave.