Thursday, June 11, 2009

6/11/2009 We Went Bear Huntin'

Last evening we went bear hunting. We weren't armed with rifles but only with a camera. We didn't get to shoot one. Why? Because we didn't see one.

We had been told that the bears were coming into the area in preparation for the salmon run. One has been spotted in our campground but we didn't see it. We were told they were out on the road and we were told where to look, we didn't see them. We know they are around because there is piles of bear poop all over the roads. Hmmmm....I guess there is no more question now as to whether a bear S _ _ its in the woods now is there? They don't! They do it on the roadways!

We did take some pictures of what we saw.

IMG_9707

We saw ducks!

IMG_9710

And waterfalls....there are so many waterfalls around here it isn't funny.

IMG_9711

IMG_9712

IMG_9714

When we returned home last night I got on the computer to check email and play Scrabble and check out Facebook and see who updated their blogs. I got an email from my dear friend LaVon that just didn't make any sense to me at all. She wrote:

"Snookie, while you are in Alaska, would you please talk to her about the hospital image of her state? She really needs to fix that." (The "her" LaVon is referring to is Sarah Palin)

I read this over and over and over and could not figure out what she was saying. So I wrote back to her:

"What the hell does this mean?"

This morning I figured it out. I went into the blog, as I do every morning, to see if there are any comments, where the counter is because its getting kinda, sorta close to the next turning, and I usually re-read what I wrote the day before. Most times when I re-read I find mistakes that I made such as leaving out a small word like - of, it, is - because I think faster than I type sometimes. And I fix misspellings. Now most of the time my computer's "Mr. Dictionary" sends out Mr. Red Squiggly Line when my fingers try to go faster than they should when typing and I hit a wrong key. Heck I'm looking at Mr. Red Squiggly Line right now because Mr. Dictionary doesn't like the words kinda and sorta. Now this is of no help to me when I type the wrong word but it is spelled correctly. Sometimes I write hear instead of here, or there instead of their. I know better but again the fingers are flying over the keyboard and I'm trying to get it down before I lose my train of thought I guess. Here's what happened with what I wrote yesterday:

"Well, I have to be honest with you. I think we could present a more hospital image for newcomers to this country coming through this way. But it is what it is. Welcome to America!"

Of course I MEANT hospitable. LaVon, your email makes sense now! I think ill leeve the misstake their sew this posting makes cents!

We're going exploring again today so I'll have more for you later.

2 comments:

Peggy & Bill said...

I had to read that "hospital" comment a few times too, but I guess I talk like some people think. I thought you/she meant hospitable.
Keep up the great work - we don't care if it's spelled right, we all do the same thing!

LaVon Baker said...

Oh what a comediene you are!!! I made a mistake in the comment I left, too, because I meant to say "Sarah" instead of "her." I'm glad yu desided two leeve it alone! ROFL