Tuesday, December 1, 2009

11/30 - 12/01/2009 DIVA FOR A (ONE ONLY) DAY

Monday brought cooler temps and slight breeze. It also brought LaVon to our park. LaVon was one of the Divas today. Just today. Never again. Not once more in this lifetime. She has been banned from Diva-ville. Her crime against the resident Divas? She won. Time after time after time. Because she was seated to my right and we played in a clockwise direction she was always one play before me. She screwed up more plays for me than a few! Time after time after time. Every time I reached for a snack that was in a bowl that was sitting between us, her hand was always got to the bowl first. Time after time after time. I thought I was going to starve to death.

If I had heard one more time “Oh, Snookie, I am so glad you invited me to be a Diva for a day, I am so having so much fun” I was going to choke her! Well, actually, I did hear it once too many times…..

strangling lavon

You know, now that I look at this picture I take notice of how red LaVon’s face is and now that I think about it she did kind of “gurgle” rather than speak clearly. Oops. Sorry LaVon. My bad.

Monday night brought Ladies Pool League for me and I won my first game! Now don’t go getting all excited for me I won because when my opponent made the last shot of the game, getting the 8 ball in, and the cue ball followed. She scratched and I won that way, but hey, its a win, I’ll take it! So now I’m 1-5.

Bob planned all day. Our Christmas decorations will start going up tomorrow and he spent the day planning where everything is going to go. Now remember, Bob has won the last two years when we were in the RV and he’s got lots of competition in the park model arena. He’s really got his work cut out for him.

Tuesday was still on the cool side but the breeze has died down considerably and it was warmer than yesterday. We’re in shorts, let me put it that way.

I had line dancing and horseshoes this morning. Oh, horseshoes was bad, really bad. I couldn’t have hit the side of a barn with a horseshoe this morning let along land it around a a foot long pole sticking out of the ground. I lost both games but darn I had fun doing it!

Well, as I said, the Christmas decorations started going up. I’ll get some pictures of this work in progress. It will take him at least a week to do it all if not more.

Bob had Men’s Pool League tonight and he won his games. He is now 6-0. He and I need to go practice together so that he can teach me.

We found out who turned the counter. Ken Bol was the one and he and his wife are fellow RV'ers. Glad you are enjoying the trip Ken!

December 1st. All I can say is….its been a decidedly delightful December day in the desert.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Oh, right! You lose at horseshoes, but you still had fun. But you lose at Mexican Train and I'm a villain!! Hey, don't worry about me... the scarf burns will be healed in a week or two, I'm sure. Anyway, you're only allowed one win per day and Monday was your day to win at pool.

Peggy & Bill said...

Hurray LaVon. What a post Snookie! Win/Lose & you have so much fun anyway. Can you give Bill lessons on how to lose & still have fun????

You win at pool the same way I do. Darn, it feels good doesn't it?