Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3/30/2011 Sixty for Dinner?

A couple of days ago Carol Richards stopped me and invited Bob and me to join them at Chris’ Diner for pizza night. A get together, she said, before they pulled out the next day for home. Besides, Carol’s kitchen was declared off limits. I readily accepted the invitation for us.


I don’t know what I was expecting as far as this dinner gathering went but I didn’t expect sixty for dinner! No, wait, let me retract that. I should not have been at all surprised at the size of this gathering. As I looked around and I saw who was seated around the table I realized that this group of people are the ones we hang out with. I guess I had never taken into consideration how large the group is until seeing them seated at one long, long table.


Can you pick out Kathy?


IMG_7957


This is why we all return to Quail Run every year. Our friends.


IMG_7958


This long table which had two more tables added to at the end, angled to the right, was serviced by one waitress. One.


IMG_7959


We were the last ones to arrive, the last ones to give our pizza order and yet the first one to be served our dinner. Go figure!


Chris’ Diner has really, really good pizza! Tonight’s special? A large three topping pizza for $9.95. And thirty couples can make a lot of different combinations. Believe it.


Our waitress was fantastic! Sixty people, 60+ drinks, 30 pizzas, several salads and only her. All by herself.


IMG_7960


As soon as everyone was done eating we had to leave. While it would have been fun to stay and reminisce about the past season certain members of our group had a prior commitment. Tonight is the last night for Jam Sessions. Of course the majority of us had plans to be in the audience too.


So we get back and the band……


IMG_7979


….. is ready to play.


IMG_7961


Dale…belting one out.


IMG_7965



IMG_7966


Wilf is a singer, songwriter and guitar player.


IMG_7964



We found out that Lyle not only sings,,,he plays guitar too!


IMG_7973



IMG_7974


I could listen to Arlee sing everyday!


IMG_7972


Carol keeps time with the tambourine and sings beautifully.


IMG_7976


The band wouldn’t be he same with Don playing the harmonica.


IMG_7971



The Turner’s….Bill and Pat


IMG_7969 IMG_7970




We had quite a crowd for this last jam session. Of course, some of us multi-task while at the jam.


IMG_7978


I snapped this out in the hallway after the jam session. Bonnie & Steve.


IMG_7982


So yet another of our activities closes down for the season. This is one we all look forward to for next year.


To the band: Thanks for the music, the songs, the hours spent in the sunshine listening to the weekly outdoor jams but most of all the friendships forged while listening to all of you play for us.


Altogether now….Happy Trails to you, until we meet again…………

No comments: