Friday, March 9, 2007

3/6/07 Picnic Day and Parents are HERE!

We got up early today to get ready for our picnic at Fred Howard Park. I am so excited! Not so much for the picnic but because I get to see my parents today. They've been in Clearwater since Thursday but today will be the first time I'm getting to see them.

My Dad's birthday was Thursday, their travel day, so I didn't get to see him on the actual date. A stop to the Hundred Dollar Store is in order to pick up his birthday cake that I ordered.

We have 28 that are supposed to be at the picnic. Already I know of two that can't make it due to a medical emergency with their friends. So we're down to 26.

Its a beautiful day today but it is only in mid 60's this morning but it is supposed to get to 70 degrees. I know, I know, you of those in the northern climes would kill for a 70 degree day, but have no fear spring is right around the corner. Still, its kinda chilly with the breeze blowing

We got to Fred Howard Park around 11:20 and as soon as we arrived I knew I made a mistake! I had called and reserved Pavilion # 9 for our group. I wanted the same one we had last time, right on the Gulf, nearby rest rooms, horseshoe pits. Ahhhh,,,,that was pavilion # 6. Not knowing I had the site numbers mixed up I told those attending that we would see them in the same place as last picnic. Oops! It wasn't long before the cell phone started ringing with friends asking where we were. This particular couple went to the last picnic and went to that site. First question I asked was anyone there, unfortunately another group had reserved the pavilion. We told them where we were and they arrived in short order. Dale was kind enough to go back to the site and direct those our group who had been to the first picnic to number 6. Oh well, this was a nice site too and maybe a blessing in disguise after all.

Here was our view from this pavilion.



















It wasn't long before all the picnic goers arrived and it was quickly established that to survive the chill of the breeze you had to stay in the sun!














We had so much food! It was requested that everyone bring a dish to share and everyone brought such good things!

After eating it was time for ladder golf.

Karen from Michigan










Nancy from Connecticut


It was wonderful seeing my parents again. My Dad's brother, Kenny was also there. Here's a pic of me and my parents.



Although it was a chilly day by Florida's standards everyone had a great time!




No comments: