Saturday, March 10, 2007

3/8/07 Girls Day Out

Today I went shopping. Now that is probably not out of the norm for most women but I hate shopping! Really, really hate it! I can go months on end without stepping foot in a mall and now I've been shopping two days in a row. There must be something in the water down here.

Anyways, Nancy, my friend, called and asked if I wanted to go with her. Since I had no offers of lunch in Paris ( yeah, like I'd go there) and "Dubya" didn't need my help running the country today I figured what the heck, I need a new bathing suit anyway. So off we go to a shopping plaza up the road. First stop? The Dollar Store! I bought waxed paper.

Next stop? A store called Bealls, its pronounced Bells. I swear it was like walking into Strawbridges, my Delaware friends will understand this one. It felt like "home". I bought a few tops and I looked at their swim suits but I swear their buyers were on drugs the day they did the buying for the store. I never saw such ugly things! What I bought was on sale so all is right with my world.

Next stop? Ross's. I've seen advertisements on TV for this store but had never been in one before. It is here where I found a swim suit. We'll just leave it at that. Like all women I hate shopping for a swim suit. There's nothing fun about it. And who "sizes" these things? Since it was made in China I have this vision of a little Chinese man with a "I hate my momma" complex sitting in a corner giving out sizes for swimsuits. He needs to be shot! I had to buy a size that fits me the same as the one I had at home and its two numbers higher. Go figure!

Three stores in one day, that was enough for me!

When I got home Happy Hour was in full swing.

After dinner we settled in for TV, Survivor for me and I don't have a clue what Bob watched.

Another day in paradise.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Shopping is NOT my favorite thing to do either, especially the trying on of clothes part. I would buy everything from a catalog or online, if I could. And the swimsuit thing... YIKES! LOL.. you are sooo right... after all everything we buy in the good ole U.S.A. is made in China, where they probably all hate us. Or at least think we are stupid or we'd be making our stuff ourselves in our own country. Girl, you done got me started.

LynnieQ said...

I HATE shopping! Nuff said. Though .... I must admit you had me cracking up with the little Chinese man thingy. hahaha