Wednesday, May 9, 2007

5/7/07 Hello Missouri!

Today we reached the state where we plan on spending the next four months. Before we head into Stanton where we'll be for the summer we decided to see Branson.

I didn't get a photo of the state line sign, it came up too fast on me and I didn't think Bob would go for turning around and going back so I could get it.

Before I go any further about Missouri I have to give credit where credit is due. Arkansas is without a doubt the CLEANEST state we've been in so far. There is literally no litter on the roadways. Mile after mile, no beer or soda cans, no fast food joint wrappers or bags, nothing, no litter! We commented this on several times as we drove through the state. There are signs with an 800 # to call to report a litterbug, it must be working! Good job Arkansas!

We arrived here around 3 o'clock and got settled in quickly. We're staying in a very nice campground called America's Best Campground or ABC for short. It's right outside of downtown Branson so its just a short ride to where its all happening.

Where its all happening....hmmm,,,not quite what I expected to tell ya the truth. There are lots of shows with magicians, who we've never heard of, lots of variety shows, with performers we've never heard of, and lots of "shows", again, with people we've never heard of. In fact, there's an Elvis show, now we all know it isn't Elvis, the last time Elvis was seen he was in North Dakota at a Dunkin' Donuts, he's not here in Branson! There is also a Beatles show and a Red Skelton show. The only "name" we've heard that we recognized is Mickey Gilley. The shows are a little pricey for impersonators in my opinion. Oh well, we're here, I'm sure we'll find something to do.

After getting set up we took a walk around the campground and were amazed at some of the rigs we saw. There are some million dollar rigs here!

Not far from our rig is an old tree stump that someone had fun with a chainsaw on. In case the picture doesn't do it justice, this is a bear.

I spent the evening doing laundry. It had been awhile since I had done any and we were out of almost everything. Thank heavens the laundry room had ten washing machines because I took over five of them. Did I mention this was a nice campground? It is few and far between that you find laundry rooms as nice as this one. Not only was it extremely clean, but it was air conditioned, decorated and there was a TV to help you pass the time while doing laundry. Luckily, when I was there, there were other campers taking care of the laundry chore so we passed the time talking. I learned of a few things to do other than the shows.

We're in the last days of vacation mode, we better make the most of it.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

We were in Branson!!! At this same time!! We got here on May 3rd, 2007!