Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11/2011 You Just Meet the Nicest People

Today is our day in Fort WA-CHEW-KA. You would think after being here for a week I would learn how to spell it wouldn’t you?


Bob started packing up what little he had taken out of the basement and I spent a couple of hours in laundry room washing clothes and towels and sheets.


You just meet the nicest people when you least expect it. Today I met fulltimers June and Helen. The conversation started about their dogs and oh my word, do they ever have spoiled dogs! June’s pup must have Butter Almond ice cream, one teaspoon, every night at precisely nine. Not eight-thirty,,,not ten…NINE! I was beginning to think the dog could tell time.


Conversation then moved on to Famcamps we stayed in and which ones were our favorites and why and places we’ve been and things we’ve seen and we just moved from one subject to the other like we had all been friends for years and years instead of a half hour. June and I are already friends on FB. I hope to cross paths again with her someday.


No sooner had these two finished their laundry and said so long then the girl living next door to us came in to do her laundry. I was halfway through mine….or so I thought. I checked the dryers to see if I could get a jumpstart on folding and found one dryer I had forgotten to push the button to activate it. Of course the time ran down anyway and I had to add more money to finish up.


We’re ready to move on, we want to get these repairs done and get on the road!

No comments: