Monday, January 15, 2007

11/29/06 Giving Notice

Debbie has decided to share! I walked in this morning and Debbie the office manager starts right in with what she's going to teach me today. I stopped her right away and told her that I would be happy to work on whatever projects she has but that Bob and I are done at the end of the week, we are leaving. Somehow, she isn't surprised. It is now I find out that since October four other workamping couples have come and gone. Somehow, I'm not surprised either. She assured me she understood and didn't blame us.

About an hour later Debbie called me into the office and said that Bob and I didn't have to finish out the week, that we were done right then and there. Now how stupid is this? They have Bob at a ridiculous wage for his skill and expertise and they throw it away for the remaining days of this week. I don't get it! Trust me, we're not complaining. Debbie further stated that since we had already put in our hours for the site that we were welcome to stay until Sunday if we wanted. Uh...thanks, but no thanks. We immediately went home and started packing up.

We called a few of the campgrounds that we liked to see who had openings until April 1st. We found one! We're headin' south!

No comments: