Wednesday, January 3, 2007

November 9, 2006

We moved the bedroom suite down the street today to Tanya's. She and I loaded it into her van by ourselves and unloaded it at the other end. I think we both heard the song "I Am Woman" in our heads as we loaded the triple dresser and chest on chest. Until the mattress is loaded into the 5th wheel it will rest on the bedroom floor. The bedroom now consists of a mattress, TV, lamp and alarm clock.....all at ground level. She's not getting the bedroom TV until the last minute!

We went to Walmart today to try to find a desk for our computer. They had one on display in a light colored finish, the one I wanted. Of course they didn't have one in stock and then we found out it was discontinued to boot. I told the salesperson that I would take the display model. He said they don't sell display models. I asked for the store manager and 20 minutes later we were loading the display model (at half price no less) into the truck. It pays to be persistent!

Next stop, Best Buy to buy a flat screen computer monitor. We have a laptop but our desk model is only a year old and we saw the need for two computers.

No comments: