Sunday, September 27, 2009

9/27/2009 We WERE Up On Time!

Bob and I were both up by seven this morning and dressed by 7:30. Ready to face the day, whatever it may bring.

Steve and Carol, our wonderful friends and hosts are leaving today on a vacation of their own. We got up early so that we could make sure we some time to spend together before they left. I know Carol had most of the packing done yesterday but there’s always last minute things to throw in and the house to get ready to leave so we laid low until 9:30 before heading over to the patio. We figured that would give us a half hour to an hour to visit before they left because they told us last night they would leave between ten and ten-thirty since they only had a five hour drive this first day.

So I’m walking over to the patio and Nancy comes out of her rig with coffee cup in hand and joins me. Neither Steve or Carol are out but I figured they were taking care of those last minute things. I could see from the patio that the drapes were drawn so I knew it wouldn’t be long before they came through the door to join us. Nancy and I chatted about how her family reunion is going and we covered the weather and I’m waiting and waiting for Carol to come out. I finally said something to Nancy, “I wonder what Carol’s doing, I see the drapes are drawn already. Nancy looks at me and says, “They left already.” What????? They left????? Nancy told me they left around nine. She went on to tell me that Carol said it didn’t look like she was going to get to say so long to us because we must still be in bed since there were no signs of life at our place. Oh no! We even got up early so we would make sure there was plenty of time to visit once their last minute chores were done. Oh no!

At this point Bob comes over and I tell him they already left. He just stood there dumbfounded. We are feeling really bad at this point because we didn’t even get to say thank YOU for letting us stay in Richard’s RV Park. And….(gasp) I didn’t get to take a picture of them!

Bob wondered back to our place, Nancy and I continue our talk until its time for her and George to take off and then I too head back to the rig.

It was such a beautiful day I just couldn’t stay inside. Bob got interested in a movie on TV so I took my book and phone and headed for the backyard and enjoyed the sunshine.

I had a nice long talk with my mom and forever friend, Cindy. I made a lot of headway into the book I’m reading and started the most amazing FARMER’S TAN! Like I need that!

I went back to the rig for a Pepsi and saw this movement out of the corner of my eye. I realized what it was and very slowly and quietly went into the rig. Once inside I picked up the camera and raced to the kitchen window.

IMG_2368

Just babies……..

IMG_2369

What BIG EARS!

IMG_2371

After dinner Bob and I settled in for the rest of the night with TV remotes in our hands. He “downstairs” and me “upstairs”. One of my favorite shows started a new season tonight, Amazing Race. Thank heavens we have two TV’s!

Carol did call me this afternoon and I told her we up this morning when they left so we agreed next time I would open the door so she would know we were up and about. Lesson learned.

No comments: