Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1/13/2009 We're Still Here

We haven't forgotten you!

Bob is now just starting to feel human again after catching whatever it was I had. He went out of the house yesterday to do something enjoyable for the first time in two weeks.

Its a shame we've missed this time to do something fun because we have just had the greatest weather. Sunny days in the high 60's to mid 70's.

I went to town yesterday with my friend Donna to check out a craft show and then on to lunch at Mimi's Cafe and then shopping for a new camera for her. We're already talking about a day of picture taking in a canyon in Tucson. I am really looking forward to that!

We have been fortunate to have a couple of new readers find us. We'd like to welcome the new readers from Columbus, Mississipi, Chesapeake City, Maryland, Denver, Colorado, Dade City, Florida and Los Angeles, California. And we can't forget Toronto, Canada. I don't know who the new readers are but I can tell we're getting more than normal "hits" from those cities. So, welcome, we hope you enjoy the ride.

I can't give details yet because nothing has been finalized (I don't want to jinx it!) but Bob and I have applied to do something around Memorial Day that is pretty exciting to us. I think it will make for some very good blog material and that you all will enjoy the ride too.

I had something emailed to me that I want to share with you. This is absolutely BRILLIANT!

A palindrome reads the same backwards as forward. This video reads the exact opposite backwards as forward. Not only does it read the opposite, the meaning is the exact opposite.

This video is a result of a contest held by AARP. The contest was titled "U @ 50". Although hard to believe, this video came in SECOND! I can't imagine what the first place entry was then.

This is only a 1 minute and 44 seconds long. Make sure you read as well as listen, forward and backward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA

Are you up for an IQ test? Try this one. Be prepared, it moves fast. smartorstoopid I am happy to report that 17 was the average score and I got a 20!

Hopefully, Bob and I will be getting out and about and doing more now we are both past this cold/flu thing we had. I know we are both ready to go see something new, the walls are closing in!

No comments: