Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19/2009 The “OTHER” One

I have a stat keeper on my blog that you’ve heard me mention before. It tells me where our readers are from as far as city and state and country go. It tells me what time of day readers are reading, how they got to the blog whether it be through a site where the blog is listed, such as Hitchitch or whether the blog is bookmarked or put in someone's Favorite Places and therefore a direct hit. It tells me all kinds of things.

One of my favorite stats to look at is the section that tells me what keywords were put into a search engine such as Google or Bing that brings them to this blog. I’ve gotten some pretty strange info from this section. If someone is having a problem with a groundhog they may google “how to kill a groundhog” Yep, they get directed to this blog because a couple of years ago when the groundhog saw his shadow I wrote something like, KILL THE GROUNDHOG! There’s a lot of people out there that want to kill groundhogs!

I do have a reason for telling you all of this. I’ve taken notice recently that I see keywords like How tall is Snookie in this section. I mean, I see this A LOT! I’m wondering, why do people want to know how tall I am? It’s no secret, I’ll tell ya, Five foot two. Then I took notice of Snookie at Jersey Shore and I’m thinking to myself, “I don't ever recall blogging that I was frequent weekend guest at beach house in Wildwood, NJ (known as part of the Jersey Shore) back in the mid-seventies. I even emailed Dianne, a forever friend of mine and asked her if she had any idea why readers were interested in how tall I am and how did they find out that I had some pretty wild weekends in Wildwood. I just didn’t get it.

Then I figured it out, I was watching TV a couple of weeks ago and they kept showing this clip over and over and over again. It was a young woman, a VERY VERTICALLY CHALLENGED (4 ft. 11 in.) young woman getting punched in the face at a bar at the JERSEY SHORE. Ahhhh…..MTV’s reality show,,, JERSEY SHORE. I don’t watch MTV anymore and I wasn’t aware of this show. It seems as though there is one really foul mouthed young lady female nicknamed Snooki on the show. Sheesh, she doesn’t even spell it right!

So, it turns out it wasn’t all about me after all. No one really cared how tall I am!

We’ve got rain in the desert! Short spurts of rain have settled the dust here in the desert. The weatherman was calling for a week of rain a few days ago but that just hasn’t happened, however, all information is pointing to a rain event tomorrow through Friday morning. We’re supposed to get up to 2 inches of rain and that is a lot for ground that is so hard that it can’t absorb it. There will be flooded streets tomorrow!

We are still having nice weather here overall. Its shorts most days for me and that makes me a happy camper. Its by no means a pool day everyday right now.

I was in the mall last week and bathing suits and summer clothes are out in full force. I can understand it here in this area, starting next month we should be laying out at the pool on a regular basis again. Are those of you with snow on the ground looking at bathing suits in the stores?

I want to share a website that a friend of mine shared with me. If you would like to see your childhood home or even the one you live in now go to VPIKE. I found that I had to click on the “man” to get it to start. I looked at my childhood home, where my parents still live, and the picture was taken when no one was home because the car wasn’t in the driveway. Have fun with it!

1 comment:

Chaplain Don Baker said...

vPike is fun. Here's where I grew up! The trees are much bigger... Mama Trudy planted most of them. And that pole fence across the front has been added since I grew up there. I rode my horses in the pasture around the house!