Saturday, July 4, 2015

7/4/15 Fourth of July

(Show Low, AZ)

Happy Birthday USA! 

The day for me started very early as I had to be at the Grand Lodge by 7 a.m. to meet up with my carpool into Show Low.

IMG_4055
We all wore some combination of red, white and blue or at least two out of three.  Some were really decked out for the day.

IMG_4056
We got busy right away loading up.

IMG_4061
On the way to the staging area we took notice of how many chairs and tent frames we set up for the parade already.  One of he ladies I was riding with spoke up and said she was in town the evening before and they were set up then.  I had to wonder to myself in just how many towns across this land of ours would those chairs and tents still be there in the morning if set out the night before.

IMG_4063

IMG_4067
We arrived in our staging space and got to work right away decorating our pickup truck that towed the trailer and the trailer itself.  We were lucky enough to pull slot number 13 in the parade.

IMG_4076

IMG_4078
All done, just waiting to get underway now.

IMG_4086
The ones positioned ahead of us in the parade were a Renaissance group.  We all enjoyed talking with them.

IMG_4089-002

I loved this picture!

IMG_4089-001
 
IMG_4095
On a potty run before the parade started I met this little girl.

IMG_4101
 
Here we are, ready to go, the parade is starting!

IMG_4105

And we’re off!

IMG_4116

IMG_4129
It was a really good parade.  It was estimated that over 15,000 people lined the two mile length of parade route.

As we got to the end of our route we quickly got into our carpool vehicles and made our way back to Juniper Ridge.  There was no way we wanted to get caught in the traffic of all the other parade participants and parade goer’s all leaving at once.

I got to thinking about the last parade I was in and figured it was when I was 23 years old, in the National Guard and I drove a jeep in a parade in downtown Wilmington, DE.  Back when the streets of Wilmington were safe!

No comments: