Thursday, January 2, 2014

1/2/2014 It’s Bingo Time!

(Arizona City, AZ)

For years Marilyn L. was the bingo manager here in our park.  She kept all the paperwork straight with the state and kept the books and the money straight.  Every Thursday evening she would sit with her bingo helper Carol W and they would sell the bingo cards and the colorful daubers to mark the spaces called.  Well, due to health issues Marilyn can no longer do this.  The call went out for someone to take over the bingo manager position and no one was stepping forward.  Our park had a very good chance of losing our Thursday night bingo. 

Our park manager approached me and asked if I would take it over.  I told her I would if she couldn’t find anyone else. 

Trust me, we have some die hard bingo players.  While I haven’t seen any good luck troll dolls I have seen good luck stones and crystals lined up across the top of bingo cards.  Serious bingo players!

My friend Bonnie L. has agreed to work bingo with Carol and I so I think we’ve got all the bases covered.

Marilyn’s husband, Earl, used to share the job of calling the bingo numbers with Walter,  but when she retired so did he.  He did however come this first night to help me and to make sure we did things right and everything ran smoothly.  Thankfully it did but I did ask him to come a few more times just so that I make sure I have all my duties as bingo manager down pat.

So I find myself tasked with the position of Bingo Manager but I take it on gladly rather than have the park lose this Thursday night activity altogether.

Sometimes you just have to step up to the plate.

No comments: