Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1/3–1/17/14 And We’re Walking, Walking, Walking

(Arizona City, AZ)

We have become walking fools!  Bob has taken this activity up a few months ago and has worked his way up to about 4 miles everyday.  He’s tightened his belt a few notches already.

Bonnie L and I have decided that we too would start walking.  The first day, today, we had every intention of getting out at 9 a.m., well that didn’t happen!  I think we were on the road by 10:15.  We certainly didn’t want to overdo it our first day out so we took a leisurely stroll.  It was a start.

We decided that it wouldn’t do for us to walk the perimeter of the park and up and down every street like we did today, we were stopped way too many times to talk.

During this time period we worked our way to about 2 – 2.5 miles per day.  One thing we failed to do was to warm up first.  No stretching first, no slow walking and working up to our speed, nothing.  Now I’m paying for it.  Sciatica is kicking my butt!  Bad enough that I went to the doctor again and you long time readers know I am not a doctor person.  This is lasting way longer than I thought it would.  I’m now waiting on approval to go to physical therapy to see if that will help.  The pain in my leg sometimes feel akin to a toothache, especially when I’m driving.

Our friend Dianne now has her visiting dates set in stone.  She’ll arrive on February 13 and stay until March 5th.  We asked to extend her time to stay longer because the first week she’ll be here is the Winter Olympics week and we won’t have much time to show her around.  Wait till she sees what events I’ve signed her up for!

The park is really starting to fill up.  We won’t be totally full, I’m afraid the economy and uncertainty about health care costs are keeping people home this year.  Attendance at all the area parks is down.

Have you had the opportunity to ship something via the US Postal Service lately?  Outrageously priced isn’t it?  I just sent a package to Delaware, it didn’t weigh very much, something like 4 pounds 7 ounces and the cost nearly matched our national debt!  I paid for 2 to 3 day delivery because it was a birthday gift and I wanted it there in plenty of time and it took 6 days for it to arrive.  Thankfully it was delivered right on the recipients birthday.

We’ve been watching the weather all around the country and really, really, feel bad for all of you up north and on the east coast.  I know you are all sick of cold and snow and winter.  I can tell because of the things being put on Facebook  For instance, this one….

1457671_435684436554236_218704584_n
We’ll have to see what Punxsutawney Phil has to say in a couple of weeks.  Did you know that Punxsutawney Phil has a last name?  He does!  Its Sowersby, I never knew that until recently.

No comments: