Monday, November 13, 2006

11/13/06 The Adventure Begins....

The day has arrived, we're leaving home. Our good friends, Mickey and Cindy came over at 7:30 in the morning to pick up their new to them TV and stand plus a few other odds and ends I had earmarked for Cindy. Mickey helped Bob put the mattress in the 5th wheel and Cindy helped me put the last minute things in the trailer. At this point we're just throwing stuff on the bed, there was no place to put them anyway.

Bob went to motor vehicle and I went and visited some neighbors and then sat on the porch with Tanya for awhile.

Bob and I did a final walk through the house and as I closed the door for the final time,,,I cried.

We said our "so longs" to Ed and Bev, you guessed it, I cried. We made a stop down the street to say "so long" to John and Ruby, a wonderful older couple that Bob visited with on an almost daily basis. He's going to miss his buddy John, this I am sure of. Then came Tanya....Use your imagination on this one. I'll only cry if I have to write it out.

One stop at Walmart to pick up film I had dropped off there and then we are fulltimers!

Let the adventure begin......



Here's where we go from


REAL ESTATE




to







WHEEL ESTATE









I-95 here we come - Florida bound.

We made it the first day as far as southern Virginia. With the unexpected trip the DMV we didn't start as early as we hoped so therefore didn't get as far as we hoped.
We stayed in a nondescript mom and pop campground the first night.

No comments: