Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6/3/2009 HERE WE GO!

The day has finally arrived. The day we start the trek to Alaska in earnest. We'll be pulling out of McChord AFB in about an hour or so and will be heading for the Canadian border. We hope to be crossing this afternoon.

We figure it will take us about 10 days to make it to Alaska and that's driving almost every day! I'm sure we'll hit a point where Bob will say enough (!) I'm tired of driving and we'll spend two days in one spot.

Internet connections. This is a worry for me. Not every campground has WIFI and some that do have it set up where you take your laptop to a clubhouse room or something like that. That would be no problem except for the fact that I don't have a laptop. Well, we do, but I write the blog on and upload the pictures to my PC. So here's how its going to work until we get to Alaska where my aircard will take over again and we'll be good to go. I'll write the blog as usual on LiveWriter and if I can't upload then I'll just save it until we can get to a place where we have an Internet connection again. Its the best I can do. Check back every day to see if we have a connection or not.

We've been following some blogs of RV'ers who are already on their way to Alaska and we're hearing that the wildlife is out in abudance! Lots of pictures of caribou coming your way!

Ok, we're packing up, I gotta go. I'll keep this caught as best as I can.

Snookie

3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

YAY! Very exciting. Have a safe trip and can't wait to read all about it.

LaVon Baker said...

Praying for you safety and oodles of awesome pictures. Can't wait to read your stories.

Donna McNicol said...

I'm so excited for you and jealour for me! LOL!!