Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3/2/2010 She Got It!

I have to tell you about this special lady here in the park. Someone I’m glad I can call “friend”. Her name is Ginny and she has a heart of gold.

IMG_3509

When she heard about my forever friend, Susan, was battling cancer she went right to work.

Ginny belongs to and leads the group here in Quail Run in the Prayer Shawl Ministry.

IMG_3738

I didn’t know Ginny was knitting this for Susan. One evening not long ago she knocked on my door. After inviting her in she handed me a Gap box and I couldn’t imagine what was in it.

When I took the lid off and saw the beautiful colors of this shawl and felt the oh so soft yarn my eyes filled with tears but more importantly my heart filled gratitude and thanks knowing how much comfort this is going to bring to Susan.

The colors are just beautiful.

IMG_3740

The shawl is folded and it is bigger than it looks here.

IMG_3737

I wrote a note of encouragement to Susan and sent it off. She got it today! She loves it, she just kept telling me that she loves the colors and how soft it is and that she’ll use it when gets her chemo because the room is a little chilly. She said she’ll wrap up in at home too when she needs a hug from me.

Ginny, thank you again! I’m so glad you made this very special prayer shawl for Susan. It means so much to both of us.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

What a wonderful and comforting ministry!! I love it. Ginny IS special and I love her even more for this act of love and caring. The prayer attached just makes it even more special. I'm so glad Susan has it.

Anonymous said...

Snookie, Like I said on the phone thank you for the beautiful shawl. Snookie I'm in your arms every night as I watch TV. I just love it.

Ginny - Thank you so much for taking time to knit this beautiful shawl for Snookie to send to me.

Love ya
Susan