Friday, March 5, 2010

3/5/2010 Breakfast!

Have you ever had breakfast with 150 friends and acquaintances? Bob and I did this morning. We gathered for a ten o’clock brunch one street over here in the park.

Once again, tables and chairs were gathered from all over the park and set up between three yards.

This brunch, the fourth one held, started out with forty people invited to the first one. Today there was just over one hundred and fifty. I lost count at one hundred and forty eight.

There was a line of tables set up that would soon be overflowing with dishes and platters of all sizes.

IMG_3872

As you can see in the picture above we just had a beautiful day for an outdoor breakfast.

Everyone is bringing food, food and more food!

IMG_3873

With lines up both sides of the table…….

IMG_3877

IMG_3879

……. it didn’t take long before everyone was sitting down and enjoying the bounty.

IMG_3876

IMG_3875

IMG_3883

It didn’t take long and the most of the bowls and crock pots and plates were empty or nearly so.

IMG_3893

This was a good time with friends and GREAT FOOD!

After brunch we made our way to mini golf to play our regular Friday morning session. I had a good day with a hole in one! Believe me those are few and far between for me.

I spent the afternoon going door to door of the line dancers trying to collect for our appreciation gift for Sandy and Carl, our line dance teacher and music provider. I couldn’t catch up with many at all! I guess with everyone was either out shopping or golfing or enjoying the day somehow. They sure weren’t home!

No comments: