Monday, September 24, 2012

9/24/2012 What a Summer It’s Been

What a great summer we’ve had!

We made great friends that will be in our lives for years to come.

Sue and Dave lived next door to us from the beginning of July on and we spent many an hour,  sitting and talking and laughing.  We’re already planning on where we can camp host together in two years!

Dawn worked in the booth and I introduced her early on when I told you all about her whittling.  We were so surprised to learn that we were so in tuned with one another that we could literally finish each others sentences.  Dawn is planning a trip to the Keys this winter to visit us.

I taught Sue and Dawn and camp host couple Sheila and Jim how to play Mexican Train so we spent many an afternoon and evening playing that.

We touched base with many of our friends (and family members) right in the beach area and we cherish each hour we spent with all of them.

This summer brought a special bond between my young cousin Melissa and I when we shared a para-sailing adventure.  Oh what a day that was!

This summer brought many enjoyable hours to Bob as he got to fish to his hearts content.  Golfing was also something he enjoyed very much this summer.

I was able to meet my 5th grade teacher again!  That was probably  the number one highlight of my summer.  Oh wait, maybe not.  Meeting my new great niece, Cassidy, definitely trumped the 5th grade teacher.  Sorry Len.  They weren’t the only ones I got to meet although I kinda knew of them already.   I met Tracy even though we’ve been friends for a couple of years now through emails and phone calls.  And I got to meet Mike V, frequent reader!  It’s been quite the summer!

It was one of the hottest summers on record and one of the driest.   But when it rained….it was like monsoon season!  I’ll always remember Jim, he was determined that no amount of rain was going to keep him from enjoying time in his chair out in his yard at the campsite.  When I first saw Jim I didn’t have my camera with me so I went home to get it hoping he wouldn’t have moved. 

IMG_2828

I enjoyed each and every hour I had with my parent’s.  It wasn’t enough but that crazy work schedule we started with really cut into our time.  Same with my BFF Elaine, didn’t get enough time with her but sure treasure those beach times we had.

We were lucky enough to be home so that we could witness the marriage of some very special friends.  We’ll see Diane and KK Christmas week in the Keys.

This summer brought some new frequent readers to the blog.  Welcome Lisa and Deanna!  They and their husbands are also interested in RV’ing so maybe we’ll even see them on the road.
I bet you are all glad I didn’t make your eyes bleed with sunset pictures.

IMG_3027

Yep, one great summer!  Wish it was May 1st and we could do it all over again.

No comments: