Saturday, September 29, 2012

9/29/2012 It’s All Coming Together

(Knoxville. TN)

This morning we made a few more trips each and everything was moved.  FINALLY!

Now we had to make this new 5th wheel livable.

I started with the bathroom since that seemed the easiest and would be done in a short amount of time.  It would be an accomplishment and I needed one!

IMG_3087

IMG_3089

IMG_3088

There’s also another medicine cabinet with a mirrored door over the sink but there isn’t anything in there yet because I haven’t lined those shelves.

Next came the dishes and appliance garage.  When we are settled someplace for awhile I take the padding between the glass dishes and bowls out.

IMG_3093

The hardest thing to get organized was the pantry because there was so much in to begin with.  I only have so much flat surface on which to put stuff.

IMG_3090

It took awhile but I finally have everything put away in some kind of order.  At least I can see what I have.

IMG_3096

We’re learning something new about our place every hour it seems.  Here’s a picture of our refrigerator again.  See those decorative wood panels to the right of it?

IMG_3072

That’s exactly what I thought they were, decorative panels.  Uh-uh, not so.  Behind those panels are small shelves,,,my spice rack!  Who woulda thought?

We also had a switch on the wall that we couldn’t figure out what it did.  Several times we flipped it up and tried to figure out what changed.  Nothing.  Bob went outside while I flipped the switch in case it turned on a light out there.  Nope, nothing.  Over and over we did this for the past three days.  Finally, one the guys who works here came over to see if we needed anything and I asked him what it went to.  He flipped it, we looked around and couldn’t see anything different.  He then opened the door to the pantry and we saw the light….literally!  Here the pantry doors are so well fitting that the light didn’t show behind the closed doors. 
Mystery Solved!

I’ve cleared some things off the closet floor so I can step in again.  The pile of bags in the living room has dwindled considerably.  We’re getting there.  We’re not there yet, but we’re close closer.

We keep asking ourselves.  Where did all this stuff come from?

1 comment:

Mike & Vicki Erps said...

enjoy reading your Blog, Is that a residential refrigerator? LOok s like a really nice 5th wheel. Enjoy your journey