Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9/25/2012 On The Road Again…

(Rehoboth Beach, DE and south)

Today we’re leaving the Delaware State Seashore Park.  It’s time even though I wish we had even more time to spend here.  I hate to leave our friends.

Our neighbor Sue and I have been playing cards a lot lately and I’ve really gotten to know her and I like her a lot.  We’ve promised each other no tears when it comes time to say long.  (She blew that!)

So we got on the road around nine or so, maybe nine-thirty, I wasn’t really watching the clock. 

It didn’t take us too awful long before we crossed in Maryland. 

IMG_3029

It was smooth sailing until we ran into an accident on the beltway around Washington D. C..  That held us up as did the ever present road construction.

We got as far as Staunton, Virginia.  We were happy to see diesel prices around $3.79.  I thought the price was dropping rapidly but Bob explained it was because they paid less tax on their fuel than we did in Delaware.

IMG_3032

We spent the night in a KOA which we don’t like to do because they are so expensive.  We were pleasantly surprised that this wasn’t so bad.  We figured it was because they were about 8 miles from the Interstate and therefore couldn’t command the high prices like those that are just off the highway.

We had dinner in a Denny’s.  Bob actually had a breakfast meal and I had one of their new smashed meatball sandwiches.  It was quite good but a tad bit too much sauce for the type of roll they served it on.  The bread fell apart and I ended up eating it with a fork.

Not being used to driving/riding all day it didn’t take long to crawl into bed for the night.

No comments: