Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9/26/2012 Almost There…

(Bristol, Tennessee)

We thought maybe we would have made it to Knoxville today and we could have but we decided to pull into a campground even though we only had another hour or so to go.  We didn’t want to arrive tired, hungry and in need of showers.

We had a great drive today.  Not too warm, traffic was light and very little road construction.
I had some laundry to get caught up on and Bob had one more thing he wanted to take care of on this rig before we traded it.

So we got as far as Bristol and got set up.  We went in search of a Lowe’s and found once again what a small world this is.

When we reached Lowe’s, Bob went one direction and I went in another.  I gathered the things I wanted first and was standing near the check-out.  I struck up a conversation with the young check-out girl.  She was simply in awe of our lifestyle and asked where we were from originally.  When I told her Delaware she called to her co-worker, “Hey Brian, she’s from Delaware”   and explained that Brian had gone to Delaware not too long ago.  Bob finally arrived and we started our transaction.  Brian had come over and I guess he took notice that I handed my military ID for the discount.  Since Bob was carrying 8 foot lengths of trim he went on out to the truck.  Brian shared that he had family in New Castle and I told him that we were very familiar with New Castle.  He then went on to tell me that he had an uncle in the Army in Delaware and I asked his uncles name.  When he said Joe DiD…….., well you could have knocked me over with a feather!  We are friends with his uncle Joe!  Once again, what a small world we live in when you can go to Bristol, TN and meet a nephew of one of your friends.

Back at home, Bob made the repair he wanted to get done, I made us dinner, got the laundry done and we both crashed.

Tomorrow, Knoxville to pick up the new rig!

No comments: