Thursday, November 7, 2013

11/1-11/7/2013 November Already!

The first of November already!  Time is flying!  We can now say Christmas is next month.  Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?   I have found the most incredible buys on EBAY, new merchandise with tags still on it and free shipping to boot!  I’ve also been to Michael’s several times and Amazon.com is my friend too!  It’s going to be an all day affair just wrapping all this.

On Saturday Bob and I went to the Moose Lodge to play Bar Bingo again.

IMG_5612
This time wasn’t nearly as much fun because I didn’t win!

I don’t know if I’ll play this again or not.  You figure a dollar for each card and some are two buck with no winners, well this just doesn’t sit well with this Queen of Cheap.

IMG_5611
Last week or so, Brenda, our park manager asked me if I had any idea where to get some southwestern pictures or western pictures to replace the ones that are painted on the wall in the breezeway area of our main building.  I told her I didn’t have a clue but suggested that she talk to Lorraine, one of our resident artists, about painting two for her.  She liked that idea  and I went on my way.  A few days later  I stopped in the office to talk to Brenda and Lorraine was there and they were discussing what was going to take place in the Breezeway.

Just a few days later I happened to be in the area and turned in the Breezeway and found that they had actually started!

Three resident artists, Lorraine Paddick, Dayle Harmon and Judy Salisbury are painting a mural!

You can see in the picture below that there used to be window shutters on each side of the painted picture, as if you were looking into a window.

IMG_5613

IMG_5614
Judy starting to paint her section of the mural.

IMG_5615
Lorraine hard at work.
 
IMG_5616
 
Judy’s wagon wheel….

IMG_5617
Lorraine made good headway on her door.
 
IMG_5618
Needless to say the mural painting is the talk of the park.

Bob is spending his days doing small projects around the house and I’m spending my days at the pool with the girls.  Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like this new format! Where have you been? It's been a month since you posted!!