Wednesday, November 27, 2013

11/16-11/27/13 Playing Catch Up

(Arizona City, AZ)

I’ve gotten so far behind on this blog.  It’s time to get it caught up.

We’re starting to get worried that our rig isn’t going to be ready when we need it.  It’s still in Mesa in the shop.  I know I told them to take their time and get it done right but I guess I just didn’t expect it to take this long.  I called and talked to our service writer and found out that one part was still not received.  Dale promised to call and get an update on the availability of the part and to get an estimated delivery date.  We are running out of time fast!

I spend most afternoons at the pool.  Bob spends his doing “stuff” around the house.  He can always find something to do to keep busy.

Work on the Breezeway mural is really coming along.  Not quite done but getting there.


I’ve taken on the job of running Bingo this year.  Marilyn, who has done it for years has to stay away from crowds,,,,and dirty money,,,,by the order of her doctor.  Brenda, our park manager, has tried with no success to get someone to take over this task.  It was either step up to the plate or the park was going to lose its weekly bingo game.  I just didn’t want to see that happen.  So I signed on. Bingo won’t start until the first Thursday in January when many more people are here.

We heard from our Service Writer, Dale, and got an update on the part we’re waiting for.  The part has to be made.  From scratch.  Once its made it has to be sent to Lippert for them to do their hydraulic magic and they in turn will send it back to our 5th wheel manufacturer for the finishing touches and then it has to be shipped.  We are running out of time!  We don’t have a clue what we’ll do if the part is going to take a while to get here.  Dale will call back as soon as she knows something.

Bob has turned into a serious walker.  Everyday, without fail, he goes out and walks a few miles.  It seems every few days he adds a bit more to his travels.  Me?  I’m doctoring a hip that is bothering me.  I was doing really good with the pool walking but I think I moved too much and the water resistance was more than what I thought it was and I’ve hurt myself somehow.  It was bad enough that I went to the doctor which is saying something for me.  I’m on a muscle relaxer twice a day but its too soon to tell any difference as yet.  Its really interfering with my sleep and going up steps is a killer.

Well, Dale, the service writer, called us back.  If there are no problems in shipping we can pick up our home on the 26th of November.  This is going to be tight.

The couple renting our park model called and asked if they could come in early.  There is just no way we can entertain that request.  We’re just not ready yet.

The 26th finally arrived and we took off for Mesa.  We’re going to get our home back!  We didn’t talk much on the way up.  I think we were both wondering what we were going to find when we got there.  Would the hydraulics work?  Were they able to fix the screw up Lazy Days did on our siding?  Would the other little things be taken care of?

We arrived without incident and found our 5th wheel right where we left it.  The first thing we looked at was the siding material.  Oh wow,,,just as straight as could be and not a ripple to be seen.  YES!  We could tell the outside had been recently washed and that was a good thing too.

I went into the office to let Dale know we were there.  We were greeted with a big smile and a “I’ll be right with you.”

Within minutes we had started the explanation of all that had been done.  Bob looked at the hydraulic tubes and wires and couldn’t see any drips of hydraulic fluid.  This is a good great thing!  They fixed it!

We checked the other minor things and everything was corrected.  Only one thing was left undone.  A new slide out tray in the appliance garage needed to be ordered and they were sent the wrong style.  It will be re-ordered with the delivery address changed to Quail Run.  An easy fix.

Bob and I got the surprise of our lives when we walked inside the rig.  It had been cleaned from top to bottom and front to back.  There was not a speck of dust to be found.  The carpets were all vacuumed and the windows were done.  We so did not expect that.  We thought for sure we would have to clean it before we could start putting our stuff in.  This was such a help to us.

We are happy campers and will highly recommend Robert Crist & Company if you ever need repairs done and are in the Mesa, Arizona area.  A top notch operation for sure!

We got the rig back to the park and got it parked and started the move into it.

The next day we moved a good part of our belongings into the rig.  With the exception of the refrigerator stuff of course.  We had to get the freezer and fridge cooled down first.  We held clothes back because we are going to be in the park model for the next two or three days anyway.

It feels so good to have our home on wheels back.  This first year has been a real nightmare with all the time we’ve spent in service centers.  Hopefully, that is behind us now, the bugs are ironed out and all will be well.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed.


1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods Karen Pfundtner said...

When an RV place does a great job, this is a good website to post about it... Plus forward the link to the place who did the service so they can see it.

Karen and Steve
(Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard