Thursday, November 28, 2013

11/28/2013 Thanksgiving 2013

(Arizona City, AZ)

First of all Bob and I want to wish each and everyone of our readers a Happy Thanksgiving.

CORNICOPIA
We spent the morning moving more things into the 5th wheel.

We had Thanksgiving lunch in the Carnival Room with lots of other residents in our park.  This is the last year I will do this.  I have my own ideas of what makes Thanksgiving dinner and people bringing desserts when they were supposed to bring a vegetable, well, that just doesn’t get it for me.  I also don’t care for Thanksgiving dinner at one o’clock in the afternoon.  So next year, we’ll invite some friends in for dinner at the park model.  I would have done it this year but its just too hard when its so close to the time when we are moving out and we’re in major cleaning mode.  I haven’t checked but I’m hoping Thanksgiving falls earlier next year.  The 23rd of the month would be nice.

By two o’clock dinner was over with and we were back to cleaning out the park model and loading the rig.  I didn’t know we took all of this stuff out of the 5th wheel when we moved into the park model.  I guess I have to also take into account that we have done quite a bit of shopping too.

I’ve done quite a bit of Christmas shopping so far and I have to move all that too, plus the boxes I’ve collected for wrapping and shipping.  Actually, it was good that I had to move all this because I’ve put the gifts out of the way and I had forgotten I bought some of them and exactly how much I had bought.

This hasn’t been the easiest of Thanksgiving’s.  Its on my mind all the time that it’s the first one without my dad.  I haven’t talked to my mom today and I won’t until tomorrow.  I’m sure we would both just cry.  These firsts are much more difficult than I thought they would be.

 

No comments: