Friday, November 15, 2013

11/15/13 Bonnie & Snookie “Do Art”

Bonnie called this morning and said, “Let’s go to an art class!”  I thought for half a second and agreed.  I should have thought longer.

Art classes are led by Lorraine, one of our Breezeway mural artists.  When we arrived in the Oasis building Adriana was already busy at work.  Bonnie and Lorraine looked over her new art supply box.

IMG_5741
There were lots of art books spread out on the table so we each chose one to find something to use as a guide for our first painting.  Trust me, it was hard to type first painting with a straight face.

Bonnie found what she wanted right away.  Me?  Eh,not so much.

Bonnie got right to work.

IMG_5745

See the line down the middle in the picture below?  Bonnie drew that!

IMG_5746
And I’m still sitting here taking pictures of Bonnie drawing.

IMG_5747
I just wasn’t feeling it.  I thought maybe if I walked around and looked what the others were doing the desire to put pencil to paper may come.  Or not.

Another of our mural artists, Judy, hard at work on her painting.  This is the view she has out her back door at home in Canada.

IMG_5749
Adriana has hers all drawn out and is now adding the color.

IMG_5752
 
I settled down to get started on my own.  I picked a picture of flowers.  They were big oversized flowers which I thought was a good thing because I would have to draw less.

Of course it was just then that Bonnie called for help.  Well, there may have been good info coming forth so I put the pencil down to listen.  Imagine my surprise when I found out that Bonnie was actually drawing a water scene with a dock and boardwalks and buildings.  I thought she was drawing a farm scene!

IMG_5751
I couldn’t put it off any longer.  I had to put pencil to paper.  I drew a circle.  Well, let’s make that an oval.

IMG_5743
That’s as far as I got.  I am not an artist!  I have no interest.  I felt bad because Lorraine was doing her best to encourage me.  I finally just picked up my camera and said, “This is where my interest lies.”  Everyone agreed that this was my art and I was satisfied with that!

Bonnie adding in the water to what I thought for sure was a pasture!

IMG_5753
Judy’s painting by the end of class,,,,this was  blank canvas an hour earlier.

IMG_5754
Bonnie’s painting the end of the first class.

IMG_5756
The afternoon was spent at the pool and Bob went golfing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what has happened to you? We all miss you...Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

Am I missing something too? Where are you?

Anonymous said...

Where are you??