Thursday, May 14, 2009

5/14/2009 Travel Wednesday..Rest Thursday

Wow, did we ever need this day just to hang out. It is our custom to lay low the day after we travel but, if the truth be known, there are many days after that we could get up and go if we wanted to. Not today. Yesterday was a bear of a day on the road. We didn't have a lot of traffic but the hills and curves were a strain. Couple that with a longer than usual distance that we normally drive and well, it just tires you out. Even if you are the one who is sitting in the passenger seat. After all, I'm the one who has to reach for the snacks when the driver wants one. I'm the one who has to turn the page on the directions, you know life in the passenger seat is rough! I'm the one who has to follow along on our printed directions when we aren't using our GPS and tell him to turn here. Now. NOW! Oh yeah, I've done that.

I did venture out the front door to take a picture. Its a rainy drizzly day so we really don't mind staying in. Besides, we started our day with no electricity or water so going anywhere was really out of the question. Our services didn't come on until almost two o'clock. No TV, no computer, rainy, can't even brush our teeth, not a real good start to a day. I got a lot of reading done and he used the laptop until the battery died.

Back to my picture of the day. Here it is. I call it....

"The Effect of Fog on Evergreens".

IMG_8682

That was our day. Such as it was.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Love your picture of the day!!