Sunday, May 3, 2009

5/3/2009 Go Ahead LaVon.....LAUGH!

My usual Sunday evening phone call with LaVon started out just fine. And then she said.... "Snookie, I have an issue with your blog post for today." I quickly thought back to what I wrote and couldn't think of a thing that would have offended my dear friend in any way. Unless of course she couldn't handle the picture of the cow poop! But no, that wouldn't bother LaVon, given the chance she'd snap a picture too! What could it be? What did I write? The tone of her voice practically gave me chills!

And then she told me.

Now, I've given no impression that I was ever anything other than a girl from the suburbs. No, I didn't grow up on a farm, or near a farm but I will admit to taking a field trip to one once when I was in the fourth grade. Obviously, it was during that trip that I must have been making a trip to the potty when they taught the difference between GOATS and SHEEP!

Ah, yes, LaVon took great, GREAT pleasure in telling me that most of all the pictures I posted yesterday were not of GOATS like I thought but of SHEEP. She was even kind enough to forward pictures of both to me for proof.

So in reality, this guy is not a GOAT WALKER...

IMG_8238

....but a SHEEP HERDER!

I said this GOAT looked sad because it was a boy and had to wear pink.

IMG_8225

In reality, this SHEEP is a girl and she's sad because "I" didn't know the difference!

So lesson learned on my part. Stay away from farm animals! Cuz I don't know "jack" about em'!

We spent most of the day getting ready for the move tomorrow and playing on our computers.

Tomorrow morning we'll head out for a week long stay in the San Francisco area.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

No fair! You have to tell your readers how much fun we had talking about this last night. Or maybe I was having so much fun that I didn't realize you weren't having fun. No, no... you were laughing... HARD.
Hey, and thanks for not telling the world that I said I sat beside you in church yesterday on my blog before I rushed back to correct my error. LOL

Snookie said...

No, LaVon, I certainly didn't tell the world that you wrote that you sat next to me to in church.

YOU just did!

Snookie said...

Everyone,,,YES, I did laugh a lot when LaVon and I talked about my mistake in animal naming. I still can't believe I didn't know the difference between a sheep and a goat!