Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5/5/2009 A Day After Traveling....

clip_image002 clip_image002 clip_image002[6]

....is usually a stay-in day for us. No explanation for that, its just the way is. I'm sure we'll make a quick run to the Commissary today because I have a need for an ingredient for dinner. Other than that, we'll stay put. We'll use this day to research things on the computer for things to do in the area, print maps for directions and maybe even meet a neighbor or two.

Drum roll please,,,,, my niece, Gina was the 57,000th on the counter. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my arms around how much "traffic" is coming to the blog. According to my stat counter we're averaging 100 visits a day now. I would have never guessed that would happen. But I'm happy it is!

I'd like to welcome a new reader from Spring, Texas. I don't know this person and the only reason I know about this new reader is because an awful lot of pages are being read by someone in or near Spring, Texas and this town hasn't shown up before in the stat keeper. So new reader, I hope you are enjoying our adventure as you read to get caught up to present day and I hope you follow along as we make our way to Alaska.

I'd like to send a shout-out to Don and LaVon Baker. Happy Anniversary my friends, may you celebrate many more! Today is their 3rd wedding anniversary.

I'm back, have spent the last few hours researching what and how to see the highlights of San Francisco. Lots to see that's for sure! We'll get an early start tomorrow and the drive for an hour and start the search for a parking space. Keep your fingers crossed that we can find one for this mammoth of a vehicle we own.

I did venture outside and got some pictures of where we are parked. The building behind our rig houses the laundry, the office, bathrooms and the free ice machine.

IMG_8298

Even though we've been out of the desert for a couple of weeks now, GREEN still looks good to these eyes! And look...blue patches of sky!

IMG_8299

We don't have any neighbors right now but I'm sure before the day is over some of these spots will fill in. You just can't beat this! We're paying $17.00 a night here.

IMG_8300

Stop back and see where we take you on our adventure to downtown San Francisco tomorrow.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

all that and FREE ICE?!! wOw.
Have fun in SF. Can't wait to see pics.