Friday, May 22, 2009

5/22/2009 Tour and Ride

I told you I'd take some pictures of where we are and true to my word here they are.

This is the RV park we're in. Not many here right now but we're told the others should start arriving soon.

IMG_8970

Our site. We're on the end so the only thing on our entrance side is yard.

IMG_8971

This structure, which is just being finished up today will allow everyone a place from which to watch for whales or just gaze at the ocean or take in the fabulous sunsets.

IMG_8973

I imagine this playground will get quite a workout this weekend.

IMG_8974

This is the building that the restaurant, bar, gift shop, front desk, hotel room like accommodations and other things are located in.

IMG_9006

This is the bar area of the Windjammer Restaurant Closed at 9:30 in the morning when I took this picture.

IMG_8976

There is an enclosed patio off this bar area with table and chairs and an unobstructed view of the horizon. I took a picture but it turned out way to too dark so you'll just have to trust me that its there.

Here's where Bob and I had breakfast this morning.

IMG_8980

Here's the TV room and the WIFI hotspot for those who don't bring their own Internet connection with them.

IMG_8981

The front desk and gift shop.

IMG_8982

I then ventured over to the gym building area. I didn't have my credit card like "key" with me so I couldn't get in but then I thought, well, geez, you all know what treadmills and stair steppers and weights look like...

Now I did get into the hot tub area. Isn't this a nice sized tub? I figure this has to seat 10 -12 easily.

IMG_8983

We took a ride down to the beach. We can drive onto the beach here.

IMG_8992

The cliffs I was telling you about.

IMG_8991

The sand is so hard-packed that when we walked on it we didn't even footprints. But there were tire tread marks galore.

IMG_8993

One thing we noticed was that there was lots of crabs on the beach. Pieces of crabs.

IMG_8994

Some that didn't survive the trucks running the beach.

IMG_8995

Bob checking out what the tide left behind.

IMG_8996

It must be pretty shallow here so no big waves and no rocks around for the water to crash into, but its nice to look at all the same.

IMG_8998

We left this section of the coastline to go check out another one.

IMG_8999

We went about 10 miles down the road found this crossover (above) to the beach. Hard packed sand is just great. In Delaware our approaches to the beach where you take vehicles are DEEP, soft sand and its very hard to make access sometimes if you don't know what you are doing. Bob has helped more than a few, who just got their beach tags for the first time, dig out their buried trucks or pulled them out with ours. That's the reason we always tried to get on the beach early, we wanted to beat the newbies.

On this section of beach the water was a little more rough. We sat and watched this dog and its owner play for awhile.

IMG_9013

It was here that I found today's edition of LaVon's Tree.

IMG_9010

It was comforting to know where this is....I think.

IMG_9018

We took a long ride along the coast road and just enjoyed the day. I think this was a pretty nice to way to end it too. Don't you agree?

IMG_9019

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Thanks for the dead tree Snook!