Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/10/2009 A Short Post

Greetings from Great Falls, Montana! The land of relentless wind!

I haven't posted the past few days because we haven't done a darn thing. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. We have been complete vegetables, couch potatoes extraordinaires.

We need this rest, this time to just be. Traveling is tiring and don't let anybody tell you any different. We have been on the go for the past 5 months and its catching up with us. No, that's wrong, it has caught up with us! So we're taking a few days just to lay low, do nothing, eat when we're hungry, sleep when we're tired, just being.

Just thought I'd let you know.


Before I close this short post I have a question to answer. One of our readers wrote in and asked what was wrong with our truck. The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve needed to be replaced. When we asked what caused it to go bad the service writer said dirty oil. I'm not buying that because Bob is very good about getting our oil changed frequently and on time. The service writer also went on to explain that we should have a "hot oil flush". I don't know if that is something we'll have done or not.

To Lou: Darn, I wish we had had a chance to get together and meet since we were kinda, sorta, so close. One of these days. I wish I the chance to meet a lot of our daily/frequent readers.

The counter: Well, I sure didn't see that coming. We went through another thousand and I didn't even take notice of it and here we are getting ready to turn again soon. You know the drill, if its you, leave a comment,,,,yada, yada, yada.

3 comments:

Charlie and Debbie- Charlotte,nc said...

NO it's not me!!!!!!! I justed to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog and travels. I look foward to the day when I will be out there to see this bueatiful country of ours.

Charlie

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see. A hot oil flush will cost @ $100+. Hot oil is forced thru the system and brings with it all the sludge that is there. When oil is changed the regular way, this sludge just settles; with the pressure it is forced out. You can get this done with a transmission too. Well worth the money if you want to protect your engine. Barb

Anonymous said...

Here I am 79,000. Barb