Monday, September 14, 2009

9/14/2009 Going to the Horses

We’re still in Montana, not doing too much. Bob has gotten the rig all washed again and its lookin’ good!

I took a walk over to the fence that separates the FamCamp and the Equestrian Center with our neighbor Pat. We had a bag full of cut up carrots and horses came a runnin’ over. I have a feeling they are used to being fed through this fence.

IMG_2115

IMG_2117

Mouth

IMG_2116

Eye

IMG_2118

Ponytail

IMG_2119

IMG_2114

While out, I took some pictures of the FamCamp so you can see where we are.

We aren’t on the base, that is, not inside the main gate. The front entrance is a structure of three logs with a sign hanging from the crossbeam with Gateway engraved in the wood. Gateway FamCamp.

IMG_2112

On the upright support that isn’t in this picture are three carved bears climbing up.

IMG_2111

When I was taking these pictures we had a bit of a breeze which has been unusual since our first three days here.

IMG_2103

Just inside the gate to the right is a little area with wood carvings of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea standing behind a canoe filled with flowers.

IMG_2106

I don’t know if this one is Lewis or Clark.

IMG_2108

I DO know this one is Sacagawea, the young Indian girl that traveled with Lewis & Clark as an interpreter and a good luck charm for when they encountered Indians on their expedition.

IMG_2109

To the left is the camp host site and I’ve had the opportunity to talk with the lady there on several occasions now,,,,very nice!

Further along is the building where' I’ve managed to spend some time also. The building that houses the laundry room and trading library.

IMG_2113

On either end of the building are the men’s and women’s bathrooms and showers. Extremely clean and modern as is the norm for most FamCamps. The laundry room itself is small with only 2 machines of each type but once again the price is right. $1.75 to wash and dry each load. This is where the trading library is also located. I was able to trade some of the ones I’ve read for new ones. I can’t remember the last time I bought a book!

The campground itself consists of three paved roads that has eight sites each. The sites are a level cement pad with a paved driveway for either the tow or towed vehicles. We are provided with 50 amp service, water, sewer, a picnic table, and a grill. We are also allowed to wash the rigs and cars/trucks if we want to. All this for $19.00 a night or $120.00 for the week. Not bad at all.

The days are hot here now and the wind is still for the most part. Makes it rather warm for us in our little house on the prairie.

Not a whole lot going on here today so this is a short post and because this is short post, LaVon, you only get a dead branch instead of a whole dead tree.

IMG_2130

2 comments:

HelenM said...

Oh Dear, I thought I'd be the one to "hit" the counter milestone, this time. Well, I'll keep trying, Snookie. See u at QR in October!

LaVon Baker said...

And you title is so clever... should have known there would be a surprise in there. Ponytail. LOL.
And then the dead branch... it is a sad one. But thanks for remembering me. I love it.