Thursday, September 17, 2009

9/17/2009 One in Eight

pink ribbon

One in eight. Not very goods odds if you ask me. One in eight women will be affected by breast cancer. This dreaded disease has hit my family but thankfully, Michelle, my sister-in-law is now a six year survivor.

Have you had breast cancer affect someone in your family? A close friend? A co-worker? I dare say there isn’t one of us who can say we don’t know someone that hasn’t fought or who is now fighting this disease. There was a time not that long ago that I could count on one hand how many women I knew that made this fight. I can’t say that anymore, I now need both hands and then some.

Michelle is participating in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. This is a noncompetitive walk supporting the American Cancer Society's unique mission to fight cancer on four fronts: research, education, advocacy, and service programs.

Plain and simple…I’m asking you, readers of this blog, to help support her in this very important walk. I’m not asking for $50.00 or even $25.00, just five dollars. Now if you want to donate $10.00 that’s all the better, but five will do. That will equal one less Starbucks latte in the course of a week. One less trip to the fast food drive through. Five dollars.

If we all give just a little towards the fight against breast cancer then maybe, just maybe, these yearly walks and fundraisers won’t be necessary. Please, be a part of this. Save your loved one from the ravages of chemotherapy and radiation or surgery.

Click HERE for the secure link to Michelle’s Making Strides page. Please, won’t you help? Feel safe in using this site, its secure for your $5.00 credit card donations. You can give anonymously or you can put your name on the list of donors that continuously runs on her page for this effort.

Now friends, I’m counting on you for your donations but don’t do this for me or for Michelle. Do it for YOURSELF, or your WIFE, or your SISTER, or your DAUGHTER or your MOTHER. Give for ALL WOMEN. Do your part in finding the CURE. Five dollars.

I just know you are going to come through for this, I just know you’ll get up off five dollars, so I’ll take the time now to THANK YOU for your support on behalf of all women.

boob baby

No comments: