Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12/2/2009 I am the QUEEN of Grocery Shoppers!

It’s been a busy day at the Quinn household today. Our day started early this morning by taking all of the furniture except the sofa out of the house to the patio. Today we get the carpet cleaned. We don’t know if this has ever been done or not but I’m sure at some point over the last 10 years one of the owners got it done. I can tell you its been awhile. It was in need of a good cleaning. There is a fellow who is in our park nearly every day washing/waxing rigs, cleaning carpets and heaven knows what else. I just know he’s busy in here. So we put in a call to Rafael a few weeks ago and got on his busy schedule.

We had the bedroom and living carpet done, the window seat cushion cleaned and the sofa done too all for a very reasonable price of $75.00.

This is berber carpet and I hate it. It isn’t all nice and cushy, its hard. I want new carpeting. Shhhhh, I haven’t told Bob yet.

IMG_2711

It didn’t take Rafael long to get everything cleaned at all.

IMG_2716

As soon as Rafael was done I went to town to the local Fry’s Grocery Store. It was senior discount day and I just had to go. I’m really glad I did because I cleaned up!

Just before I left one of the maintenance came over because we have a leak in our yard. When I left he was fixing it, or so I thought.

This is my grocery slip from today’s shopping trip.

IMG_2720

And this was my total savings after coupons, senior discount and in store specials.

IMG_2721

My bill started out at just over $300.00 and I ended up paying $160.20. Damn, I’m good!

I got home just a little after four and found that we had no water. It seems that a copper pipe has corroded underground and sprung a leak. Copper pipes should be coated with a clear plastic or paint and then carefully installed so as not to damage the coating which will result in said corrosion and therefore leak. We were told this was our responsibility and of course I had truck which had the tools Bob needed. From the looks of this pipe there doesn’t seem to be any preventive coating on it at all so we’re hoping we don’t have to repair or replace all of the underground piping. It’s always something.

Bob started putting up our CHRISTMAS (not holiday) decorations today.

IMG_2717

Our reindeer made from palm tree leaves.

IMG_2718

Not even a quarter of the lights have been put on so far.

IMG_2722

Definitely a work in progress.

3 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh great bargains on the shopping! good for you--- I am with ya on the *Christmas* vs. *Holiday* thing. Gotta keep Christ in Christmas!

Peggy & Bill said...

Christmas decorations on the trailer look great already. Bill says your nuts! He used to tell me that when we had a home too!
I love the reindeer out of palm leaves. Never seen that one before.
Thanks for the CHRISTMAS decorations, too. This "Holiday" thing has to go!

Karen and Al said...

Damm, you ARE good!