Friday, December 4, 2009

12/3-12/4/2009 A Little of This, Little of That

12/3 Thursday

Today was a rough day for Bob. He had to deal with that leak again. He decided to replace a section of the copper pipe which meant digging down deep and for a distance in this rock hard ground. To make matters worse, we have a garden trowel. That’s all. I guess if he had really wanted a bigger shovel he could / would have gone to a neighbor to borrow one. Maybe the small hand shovel gave him more control, I really don’t know. I knew better than to ask too many questions. I played it smart and kept to myself and asked if he needed anything everyone once in a while. Over the years I’ve learned when to leave him alone.

So the new copper pipe has been braised or soldered, whatever needed to be done, and properly wrapped before being lowered into the ground and buried. This episode is over and we’re hoping we don’t have anymore leaks to deal with.

Our carpeting is still wet. Well, maybe “pretty damp” is a better description. Bob walked across the carpet and his socks were wet. Not soaked but by no means dry. We had the carpets cleaned yesterday so I’m not a real happy camper right now. Two of the ladies in the park walked by and warned me that the carpets are left pretty wet but it had seemed to me the water was being sucked out and I had the windows and doors open with the ceiling fans going and I was told they would be dry in two hours time. I left soon after the carpet guys left and just didn’t think much about it since I had shoes on until evening time. When I walked across the carpet in my bare feet and felt how wet they were (this was Wednesday evening) I called my friend Kathy to see if hers were still wet because she had hers done too. She has a different type carpet so hers had dried. Next time I’ll call Stanley Steamer.

12/4 Friday

Mini Golf season started! Approximately 40 of us joined together this morning and hit little white balls along lanes covered in green indoor/outdoor carpeting. Some had a great day on the “links” and some had a not so great day. Bob and I did pretty well on this 27 par course. Bob shot a 26 and I came in not too far behind at 29. I played with my yard sale putter and it feels pretty good so I think I’ll do ok this season.

I spent the afternoon visiting friends in the park and Bob spent the day working on his Christmas lights.

It seemed see strange to see him hanging lights and listening to Bing Crosby sing White Christmas on the radio while wearing shorts.

IMG_2723

The tools of the trade…..all kinds, all sizes.

IMG_2726

Friends, Carl and Sandy, gave us strings of lights and decorations they no long have use for since they have cut back on their decorating. We have string after string of lights now! Thanks guys!

IMG_2727

We have so many extension cords that they have their own storage box. This is what we have left so far and I have a feeling we’ll be getting more before the decorating is done.

IMG_2728

Bob ponders his next move…or where that string of lights is going to plug in.

IMG_2729

So here’s where we are on day 2.

IMG_2732

…..and there’s so much more to do!

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Ooooo, lights are looking really good. If you don't link your blog to FB, I'm going to do it for you!!

SkippyMom said...

That looks fabulous - tell Bob we said NICE JOB!