Friday, April 1, 2011

4/1/2011 A Garden in the Making


My cell phone rang just a few minutes after seven. In the morning. I was in bed. Asleep.


I heard this cheerful voice on the other end. “Get up, get up, it’s time!” I mumbled something like “#%$@&@$%#”. I told her, her being my friend Marlene, that I’d be there in a few minutes. I laid there debating. Do I get up? Should I just turn over and go back to sleep? Will she come knocking on the door if I don’t show up soon? Oh heck, I’d better get up, I told her I’d be there.


So I got up, threw on shorts and a T, brushed my teeth, ran a brush through my hair and out the door I went, camera in hand.


I went to our meeting place, the horseshoe pits. We had to get this done before the guys showed up for their game. Actually, so many have left now and one side of the pit is closed down for repair that I wasn’t sure if anyone would play or not. It didn’t matter, we had a mission.


When I reached the pits I didn’t see Marlene right away. She was in the cactus garden, such as it is, looking at the newly bloomed plants.


IMG_7984


It won’t be long and these will be blooming.


IMG_7985


So Marlene gets right to work.


She shovels.


IMG_7987


She rakes.


IMG_7988


Since this going to be a tiny garden, she’s got tiny tools.


IMG_7989


And so she sets to work.


IMG_7991


IMG_7992


Planting, rearranging, planting some more….


IMG_7993


Almost done!


IMG_7994


She worked so hard and now its all done.


IMG_7995


Can’t read that sign? Still don’t know what this is? Here, wait just a sec and I’ll get a close up for ya.


IT’S A HO’S SHOE GARDEN!


(horseshoe)


IMG_7996


Or maybe it really is a Ho’s Shoe Garden.


IMG_7997


Needless to say Marlene’s garden got lots of laughs and the was the whole on this April’s Fools Day.


Walking back home I stopped at her place and she pointed out one of her roses. One the prettiest I’ve seen in a long time.


IMG_8000



This afternoon was spent at the pool and at four we had the last of the on site jam sessions. At least it’s the last one we’ll be able to go to.


Dale and Ray are pulling out tomorrow and they wanted one more get together before they left. Since Dale plays with “band” quite often she invited everyone over to play and then the word went through the park that there was a jam session.


IMG_8004


Since it was over 100 degrees today, I think our temp topped out at 103, this tent was put up to shade the musicians.


IMG_8003


IMG_8002


Can you see why we like Quail Run so much? The people. The people are just the best!


IMG_8005


…..and another fun season comes to an end. At least for all of those leaving within the next few days.


IMG_8006


1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a really cute garden. Great imaginations!