Sunday, April 17, 2011

4/17/2011 A Quiet Day in Fort Bliss

We got up this morning and decided to stay another day. Bob has some maintenance things to do and I had a pile of laundry again.


I went over to the office to pay for last night and tonight and was surprised to find out that since Bob has the Golden Access National Park pass that it entitled him to another discount. So with the additional dollar off we’re here in the Fort Bliss FamCamp for $14.00 a night.


Bob filled up our fuel tanks today. It hurt. It hurt bad. A fill up to the tune of $160.00. Forty gallons later, forty gallons! We bought it for $3.93 a gallon which is the cheapest we’ve seen it since a couple of weeks before we left the Casa Grande area.


Since I had laundry to do I got everything ready to go and realized I didn’t have quarters. I went to the laundry room and there weren’t any quarters to be had there. I then went to the RV park office and asked where the closest place to get a roll of quarters was. He replied, “Right here!” WOW! Imagine that, having rolls of quarters in the RV office. What a novel idea! If the quarter machine is out or broken the RV office has rolls of quarters as a courtesy for the RV’ers. Some parks really know how to take care of their guests. You just don’t find that everywhere. <very big grin>


Have you noticed the spacing on the blog has been fixed? I have this great new friend on Blogger who has helped me with some problems I have been having and he came to my rescue once again. Yoboy,,, thank you buddy!


We have quite a few new frequent readers. Welcome to each and every one of you. We hope you enjoy this awesome journey with us.


It looks like we may be here for a few days. High winds are predicted and it just isn’t worth getting blown all over the road or getting caught in a dust storm. The price is right to stay here, we’re safe on base, the commissary is close by so it just makes sense to stay here. We’ve got thirteen days to make 945 miles so we’re in good shape.

1 comment:

BeckyAnn said...

You are in my old stompin grounds! I worked on Fort Bliss for many years. Have 4 grandkids there now! Can you bring them to Oklahoma for me? Don't miss dinner at Great American Steak on Alabama. Yum!